Accueil - Alumni Association
The alumni association is spread throughout the world - from China in the East to the USA in the West
We have returned home, made new lives in new places. However, we still share one thing in common - living and studying in Paris.
Distance makes maintaining the relationships we made together difficult. Hoping to maintain the connections we made and to improve the experience for future students, several alumni have launched LELA - the LL.M. European Law Alumni Association. We will host our first event October 4th in Paris during the 2014-2015 orientation week. If you happen to be in Paris, please join us to welcome the new students and share some memories.
Saturday the 4th of October marked the date of our very first LL.M. in European Law Alumni Event. All LELA members were invited, as well as the current LL.M class for the year 2014-2015. Students were happy to connect with Alumni based in Paris and other parts of Europe and the alumni were pleased to meet the vibrant new LL.M class. The setting was the Canal St. Martin in our beloved city of Paris. It was also Nuit Blanche, which made the city even livelier than usual. We had a few unlucky minutes of rain but eventually we were able to enjoy our picnic along the canal. Everybody shared baguette, cheese, apéro snacks, and fruits & veggies. Hand-made Japanese appetizers were supplied by current student Ritsuho Tanimoto and current student Thomas Heideveld even supplied music to set a positive mood. Several alumni were present, most of them living in Paris, but also a couple from outside Paris. Paris-based LELA board members Lara Elborno (2013) and Ruben Fierens (2014) were in attendance. So to were alums Abigail Boyer, Laura Deschuyteneer, Beatriz Marques, and Davor Domijan all from the class of 2013.
With the alumni and the new students combined we were around 25 people, which the board sees as a great start for LELA. The new students received some advice on the LL.M. program, and exchanged opinions on career paths and how to survive in Paris after the LL.M. For the alumni it was a great experience to get to know the new students and to reunite with old friends from the program. After the picnic, we went for a big stroll and enjoyed Nuit Blanche in one of Paris's famous art galleries located in the 1st arrondissement.
We thank all the students and alumni for their presence and we hope to meet more of you at our formal and informal events in the near future.
See you all next time!
If you wish to receive invitations to events, alumni magazines and event-reports like this one, please become a member of LELA. This project can only work with your support and we hope you will join! To subscribe, simply email Paris.LLM.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title LLM Registration 2014-2015 and we will provide you with further instructions! Part of your subscription includes receiving the global contact list updated yearly, so that you can contact and meet alumni from all over the world. Thank you for your support!
- Margot AELEN, Supervisor specialist, De Nederlandsche Bank, Amsterdam
- Freeke HEIJNE, Attorney at law, Houthoff Buruma, Amsterdam
- Anna PAVLIK, Legal Counsel, United First Partners LLC, New York
- Lucia SEQUEIRA, Paris
- Jamie SHOOKMAN, Associate, Orrick, Herrington and Sutcliffe in New York.
- Tara L. WATERS, Associate, Simmons & Simmons LLP, London
- Ilya BUBEL, Associate, Seyfarth Shaw LLP, New York
- James DALLALL, Associate Attorney, Joseph Saveri Law Firm, Inc., San Francisco
- Marissa GOLDEN-PONT, New York
- Sett HLAING, General Manager, KBZ Bank, Myanmar
- Mariana Soares HEINEN, Senior Legal Counsel, Queiroz Galvão Óleo & Gas, QGOG Constellation Group, Rio de Janeiro
- Roberto Reyes GASKIN, Associate, Latham & Watkins, Paris.
- Diana G. SANTOS, Associate, Ropes & Gray LLP, New York
- Jennifer STADLER, Associate, Shearman & Sterling LLP, Paris
- Luis A. AVILES, Vice Dean, University of Puerto Rico School of Law, San Juan
- Thea BANG, Legal Advisor, The Danish Patent and Trademark Office, Copenhagen
- Justin BIDDLE, Associate Attorney, Supple & Canvel LLP, San Francisco
- Patrick Steiger NAGLER, Attorney, Waters, Kraus & Paul, Los Angeles
- Ismini RIGOPOULOU, Paris
- Jeannine WEISSEL, Associate, Brandl & Talos, London
- Vlatko BUKOVAC, Senior Legal Adviser, Municipal Civil Court, Zagreb
- Caroline EROL, Associate Attorney, Allen & Overy, Paris
- Maria GKANA, Judge, Council of State, Athens
- Caitlin T. GUNTHER, Attorney, McDermott, Will & Emery, New York
- Nazanin MOSTAFAVI, Attorney at Law, Michael Sullivan & Associates, Los Angeles
- Victor NOSKOV, Associate, Kirkland & Ellis LLP, New York
- Jesko PREUß, Associate, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP, Mannheim
- Segaal ROSE, Law Clerk, US Courts, New York
- Heley SHAPIRO, Canada
- Nadav SHENTAL, Senior Advisor, Permanent Mission of Israel to the OECD, Paris
- Thea ZIMNICKI, Associate, Ferdinand IP, 24IP Law Group, Westport
- Lara ELBORNO, Associate, Winston & Strawn, Paris
- Katherine FISTER, Omaha
- Sofia Maria KOURYSOUNI, Intern, European Commission, Athens
- Caitlin Lee DEMPSEY, New York
- Yelena STASYK, Intern, Curtis Mallet-Prevost Colt & Mosle LLP, Paris
- Viktoriya SYCHYNCKA , Intern, Landwell, PwC, Paris
- Hao YU, Attorney at law, Commerce & Finance Law Offices, Beijing
For alumni: To add or change your information, please contact email@example.com